Reservations & Policies
US TO RESERVE A ROOM AT SPLENDOR FARMS, OR IF YOU
HAVE QUESTIONS. For reservations, please specify
your arrival date, the # of nights of your stay, and
which guest bedrooms you'd like to reserve.
We'll do our best to accommodate you! The quickest way
to reach us is by phone (985.630.8960), though we tend
to answer e-mails promptly
- MINIMUM STAY: There is no minimum stay requirement for our 3 guest bedrooms except on the following holiday weekends: New Year's (December 30-January 1), Easter (April 6-8), Memorial Day (May 25-28), and
Labor Day (August 31-September 3). On these holiday weekends there is a 2 night minimum stay. Our guest bunkhouse always has a 2 night minimum stay.
- ROOM RATES: Guest room rates are based on double occupancy. An extra charge of $60.00 per night applies for each additional person. For kids age 4 through 10, extra charge is $50.00 per night.
- CHILDREN: Children are welcome, though we do not provide child care. Close adult supervision is required around pool, stables, and kennels. Children age 3 and under stay in room with parents free. Children staying at our bed a breakfast are allowed to go on the trail if they are ages 6 and up. We have small horses/ponies for the younger children to ride in the arena. A parent or guardian must accompany the small child in the arena.
- HORSEBACK RIDING: Guest room rates include one free horseback ride per night stay. Our bed & breakfast trail rides typically last for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Additional rides cost $50.00/person for an extra hour, $60.00/person for a 2-hour trail ride or $75.00/person for a 3-hour trail ride. If you do not show up or stay for your scheduled ride, your credit card will be charged for the entire ride, including tax.
- HORSEBACK RIDING WAIVER FORM FOR MINORS: Children under age 18 riding without a parent or guardian must bring a completed Waiver Form signed by a parent/guardian and dated the day of the ride. No exceptions.
- PETS: We can accommodate guest pets and
- ALCOHOL: Consumption of alcohol is permitted.
- SMOKING: Smoking is allowed, but only
- CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: Check-in time is from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Check-out time is 11:30 a.m. Specific arrangements can be made on a case-by-case basis regarding check-in and check-out depending upon room availability. NOTE: If you are not checked in by 7 p.m. and haven't made arrangements for late check-in your reservation may be cancelled without notice.
- PAYMENT: We accept cash, personal checks, and credit cards. There is a $50.00 minimum for credit card payments. A deposit of $75.00 per night's stay is needed to hold your reservation. Reservation confirmation will be supplied by e-mail or U.S. postal service. Bounced check fee is $50.00.
- CANCELLATIONS: We understand that circumstances may cause you to have to cancel or reschedule your stay. If you need to cancel please call us since your deposit can be applied to another stay within six (6) months of your cancelled reservation. Cancellations at least 7 days prior to check-in are fully refundable except for a $75.00 cancellation fee ($125.00 on Holiday Weekends). Cancellations within 7 days of check-in are non-refundable, but your deposit may be applied to another stay within six (6) months. If you do not show up for your reservation, all deposits and/or prepaid vouchers (e.g., Groupon, LivingSocial, BargainBee, Gift/Auction certificates, Crescent City Trade Exchange trade dollars, etc.) will be forfeited. If there's a medical or other emergency, please call us to let us know why you couldn't show up for your reservation.
- DAMAGE FEE: An extra $100.00 damage fee applies to guests (including children and pets) who cause significant property damage during their stay at Splendor Farms B&B. Examples include, but are not limited to, unusually damaged floors, doors, walls, windows, furniture, electric cords, curtains, linens, and rugs.
- NO WALK-INS, PLEASE: We don't mind if you make an appointment to see us before you decide to stay. However, arriving without our knowledge puts you at risk (numerous livestock and insurance problems) and makes us uncomfortable. Thank you for understanding.
- ROOM GUARANTEE: While we always try our best to accommodate guests in the room(s) of their choosing, occasionally we're required to substitute rooms for a variety of reasons. We reserve the right to make room substitutions when necessary to guarantee your reservation.
- RAIN DATES: On weekends when it rains
heavily, guests will receive a "rain date" they
can use on any non-holiday weekend when there's availability.
- ROLLAWAY BED: A rollaway for children ages three and under is available for $20.00 per night.
- GIFT/AUCTION CERTIFICATES : Gift & Auction Certificates are not transferable and must be used before their expiration date. They cannot be used in connection with any other special or package. Tax & gratuity are not included in any silent auction donation.
- MILITARY DISCOUNT: Splendor Farms B&B is proud to offer a 15% US military discount. Discount applies to all guest room rates.
- TAX ON LIVINGSOCIAL, GROUPON & BARGAINBEE DEALS: Tax & gratuity are not included in B&B deals on LivingSocial, Groupon and BargainBee. After the Louisiana Association of Tax Assessors ("LATA") December 2011 convention, we are no longer required to charge tax based on the original price on 1/2 price deals from Groupon, Living Social, Bargain Bee, etc. All 1/2 price deals will be charged tax (8.75%) based on the price paid for the deal. Groupon, LivingSocial, and BargainBee deals cannot be combined with each other or with any other Splendor Farms special or package.
Splendor Farms is closed on Thanksgiving,
Christmas (December 23-26),
New Year's Eve & New Year's Day. Vacation Packages are available.
Got questions? Please contact