Poolside Parties •
Small Weddings •
Area Attractions & Events •
Splendor Farms has hosted
many parties, and we can help you arrange a BBQ, crawfish
boil, or poolside party for just about any occasion. We have smokers, BBQ pits,
outdoor seafood frying stations and equipment, and crawfish/crab boiling equipment
for guests to use.
Please contact us to arrange a poolside party at Splendor Farms.
Also see our Birthday Party Specials including slumber parties for girls!
ABOVE & BELOW: David & Deborah D. were married
at Splendor Farms on July 27, 2015
David & Deborah's Review
"SUBJECT: David and Deborah Wedding Dream Come True. On 07-27-15 we were married on the grounds of Splendor Farms! The atmosphere was just what we wanted.....the sounds of simple life, animals, birds, and friendly people! Kelly was so kind, a gracious host.....and made sure everything happened for our perfect get-a-way elopement wedding! Our cabin was quaint, and cozy....our sheets were even ironed! Cabin had everything we needed for a wonderful over night visit! We just had a simple ceremony which included a Minister, two witnesses, and a Bride and Groom....US! Once we said our I do's, we had one last request of Kelly! We wanted the use of one of Kelly's beautiful horses. We now could ride off into the sunset holding our "Just Married" sign! David and I both love watching the old Westerns.....our simple dream was fulfilled!!!!! It was our honor to spend our Wedding day with you... Kelly, at your quaint Splendor Farms Bed and Breakfast home! We will return......Much love to you Kelly"
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mr. and Mrs. Michael Tuller said their vows at Splendor Farms, October 18, 2008.
"This is a great place to get married! It's such a beautiful and authentic Louisiana country setting. It's the perfect size for gathering the key players of the ceremony in the same cozy place for the day or for the whole weekend, and the patio and lawns can accommodate about as many guests as you want to invite. The beautifully decorated guest rooms are so quiet and comfortable, I could have slept well into the day. But, with the idea of Kelly's fabulous breakfasts popping into my head the minute my eyes opened, I couldn't stay in bed another minute. Kelly is a fabulous cook, and had some great ideas about what food to have at the reception in their huge dining room. Both Kelly and her husband, Al, were the greatest help to us the whole three days we were there, making sure everything was going as planned. They know where all the good things are in St. Tammany Parish, and they know how to make a great party even better.
Splendor Farms is also a great place to relax, but if some of your wedding guests will be children, you can be sure there'll be plenty of great activities to keep them busy. Between the horses, the puppies, the pool, the farm, and the beautiful country acres, the kids will have their own special day, while the grown-ups visit, yak it up and soak up the booze until the preacher arrives. There are complementary life jackets for all the drinkers, if you decide to have the ceremony and the reception by the pool. And, if it's going to be a shotgun wedding, well, you know everybody that lives around there has at least one, and they all love a good party! Splendor Farms is someplace you should really consider for an elegantly intimate Southern style wedding."
Splendor Farms was in North Shore Report magazine's
January 2009 feature on country weddings.
Interested in a small wedding at Splendor Farms? Contact us for details!
Horses coming in from the river for the guest ride. You can ride, hike,
or take a golf cart to the nearby Bogue Chitto River for a picnic.
- HORSEBACK RIDING - We welcome beginner,
intermediate, and expert riders. Ride at our stables
or take one of 3 trails to the scenic Bogue Chitto River. Guests
at our bed and breakfast
- HIKING & BIKING - There are many
local hiking and biking trails, including the Tammany Trace, a scenic 31-mile recreational corridor for pedestrians, bicyclists, equestrians, rollerbladers, and joggers. The nearby
Chitto National Wildlife Refuge is also great for hiking,
biking, and birdwatching.
- FISHING & HUNTING - You can fish
in the Bogue Chitto River, or in one of our stock ponds.
Chitto National Wildlife Refuge is also excellent for
fishing and hunting.
- CANOEING & TUBING - If the weather's nice, go canoeing or tubing on the nearby Bogue Chitto River. Peaceful, scenic, and fun. For canoeing/tubing info, contact the Bogue Chitto Canoeing & Tubing Center.
- GOLFING - Money Hill Golf & Country Club in nearby Abita Springs has an excellent 18-hole course. 20 minutes from Splendor Farms.
- VOLLEYBALL, BADMINTON, CROQUET & HORSESHOES
- Play on the lawns of Splendor Farms
Don't forget to take time to just relax and take in all the
nature surrounding you. You can enjoy a picnic by the pool
or river, hang out in the pool, or stretch out in one of our hammocks.
On the farm you'll have plenty of animals to keep you company,
including dachshunds, horses,
cows, chickens, and cats.
Area Attractions & Events
- WINE AND JAZZ - Nearby Pontchartrain Vineyards has wine tastings year-round, and they host a great annual outdoor concert series "Jazz'n the Vines" on alternate Saturday evenings from April-June and September-November. Concert admission is $10/person. FALL '12 CONCERT SCHEDULE
- ABITA BREWERY TOURS - Nearby Abita Brewing Company offers tours of its brewery every Wednesday through Saturday. Lots of fun for beer lovers 21 and over.
- GLOBAL WILDLIFE CENTER - Home to over
3,000 exotic and endangered animals, Global
Wildlife Center is the largest totally free-roaming
wildlife preserve in the U.S. Go for a safari wagon tour
and you'll feel like you're in Africa! Located in Folsom,
LA. Tours are by appointment only. 985-796-3585.
- ANTIQUE SHOPS - There are many great
antique shops on Lee Lane in Covington's downtown historic
- ABITA MYSTERY HOUSE - "Louisiana's most eccentric museum," Abita Mystery House in nearby Abita Springs, LA, has a vast collection of bizarre southern memorabilia and folk art. Don't miss it! Open every day, 10AM-5PM. 985-892-2624.
- ALLIGATORS - The Insta-Gator Ranch & Hatchery in Covington is home to 2,000+ gators, and is fun and educational for adults and kids.
- LOUISIANA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL - Take a trip back in time at The Louisiana Renaissance Festival in nearby Hammond, LA, open every weekend from Nov 5-Dec 11, 10AM-5PM, rain or shine. Entertaining, educational & fun. Children 5 and younger get in free!
- FARMER'S MARKET - Covington Farmer's
Market is open every Wednesday (10AM to 2PM) and Saturday
(9AM to 1PM) year-round, rain or shine.
- SMITH CREAMERY - Take a tour of this old-style country creamery whose delicious dairy products we serve each morning at breakfast. mmmm...creamy!
- THE ENGLISH TEA ROOM - Authentic English tea room in downtown Covington. Tea, anyone? Charming.
- LIBRARIES - St.
Tammany Parish Library has a branch in Bush, and other
branches throughout the area.
FOR MORE LOCAL EVENTS & ATTRACTIONS, VISIT:
The Official Web Site of Louisiana's Northshore
- FRIENDS COASTAL RESTAURANT - Want to eat some of the best food around in a casual atmosphere, on a deck overlooking the Tchefuncte River? Watching the yachts, sailboats, and even kayaks go past to and from Lake Pontchartrain, the sun setting, and digging into some of chef Travis Cabler's specials is the perfect end to a day...located 30 minutes from Splendor Farms, it is our favorite fun restaurant! 985-845-7303. www.friendscoastal.com
BREW PUB - Popular brewery and brew-pub in the old resort town of Abita Springs, LA. It's a beer lover's paradise, and the food is quite good too. Open 11AM-10PM, Tuesday-Sunday. Closed Mondays. 985-892-5837. www.abita.com
- HOUSE OF SEAFOOD BUFFET - Bring a big appetite for their famous all-you-can-eat seafood buffet. Located right here in Bush, just a few minutes from Splendor Farms.
- ACME OYSTER HOUSE - Classic Cajun-style seafood joint in
Covington's Downtown historic district. 985-898-0667. www.acmeoyster.com
- RESTAURANT DAKOTA - Okay, we're a little biased since we're one of their suppliers. Great contemporary Louisiana cuisine. Elegant. 985-892-3712. www.thedakotarestaurant.com
- LA PROVENCE - Exquisite Southern French cooking right here in Southern Louisiana. Located in nearby Big Branch (Lacombe), LA. One of our customers for organic guinea hen, quail, and pheasant. 985-626-7662. www.laprovencerestaurant.com
- RISTORANTE DEL PORTO - The top-rated italian restaurant in the New Orleans area is in nearby Covington, LA. Closed Sundays & Mondays.
FOR MORE LOCAL RESTAURANTS, VISIT:
The Official Web Site of Louisiana's Northshore